Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Origami Workshop

Initially I thought they weren't that interested in my efforts. So my efforts and motivation just went to stand still.

I have just got an email from the chairwoman of "Holybrook Community Arts & Crafts Cafe" that they are planning to squeeze in a presentation along with my origami workshop. Seeing the words "Origami Tutor" also gave me a buzz. This will be my first time trying to setup a workshop and become an "Origami Tutor", so it will be a test of my quick thinking and wit.

I have planned for a 1hr sessions that details as follows

Origami Workshop 1
==================
40 minute : Workshop.

Origami Book Complete Guide by Rick Beech
ISBN: 0-7548-0782-7

Time
----
10 minute : Introduction about Origami [Uses,show 4 photos]
10 minute : Folding the Sampan Boat
20 minute : Folding Crane Bird

Contents per Group of 4
------------------------
3-4 models x 2 (A bunch of models for each origami piece)
2 diagrams x 4 (2 sets of diagrams origami, one for each origami piece)
===============
Give 10-20 minutes for student(and teacher) errors.

However the chairwoman suggest that everyone will be chatting and drinking tea, and they are pretty good with their hands. So I may be able to add more models not sure here.

So I will be spending the rest of this week making sure everything is in order. I start 25th April from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm and then I am off to my theatre group. Which I will also be doing. I am hoping I still have time to do my 3D ventures as well! I'm only going to be majorly busy for one week so course ya :P

No comments: