Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stephen Fry and the Gutenberg Press

Very intriguing documentary, seeing how book printing came to reality. Every time I hear 'Stephen Fry' talk I can't help but think of "The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" but lets not forget what I am trying to blog here :P I really enjoyed seeing the process of making the font letter 'e', to the making fine paper to print on. The time to take to publish one book is phenomenal!!! The love of books is born from knowing the process of making books.

It reminds us that the book was the history way of sharing media. As with our digital age of computers, networks, and storages, the Internet, as ourway of the now. Think Futurama has it spot on about the future of sharing media, 'Dream adverts' :P

BBC iPlayer link: Stephan Fry and the Gutenberg Press

Right now I'm going to wikipedia Gutenberg.

No comments: