Monday, January 05, 2009

Young People Disturbed

1 in 10 young people find life meaningless.

Yes not being in work or education can be depressing too :( I sure hope they have access to the Internet and use it to it's full extent. Yes everyone who suffers these symptoms require every support possible to curb it.

Even though this is bad news for young people, including myself having experienced some episodes. Any article relating to "mental health" is always encouraging and inspiring for me to try and help in some way.
  • I regularly devote some of my time, chatting to mentally troubled people online.
  • I try to encourage people to try new things and being open about issues.
  • I research and suggest ways to treat these symptoms.
  • I like to enlighten people who are poorly educated about these issues.
  • I was inspired to make a website from these issues (more will come).
Full article here. This young person is an example of positive attitudes, change.

UPDATE
Believe I have what I am looking for and it is called, "Reading Refocus".
They seem very open and they like to also think different and try new things like I have.
They are looking for someone who to help update their website.
Possibly a mentor in technologies for people.
So this sounds like a gold mine for me.
I will look forward to this :)
I have butter flies now...
Didn't think I'd ever find a volunteer opportunty like this.

UPDATE2
Argh nothing is going to happen till the 19th Jan, I have to be paitent here! ? Good comes to those who wait. ^^. The person I am to meet about this opportunity, has a cold :(

No comments: